Saturday, October 10, 2009

Purchasing Materials

I went into this project with the knowledge that I could buy a new pair of skis for about the same amount of money I would be spending. And the skis would be of higher quality than those I could produce. However, I decided to pursue the project anyways. My estimated cost for the press was about $200 (though I fully expect I'll go over due to unexpected costs), and the estimated cost for a pair of skis was $120.

Friday I went to the local hardware stores to buy
the lumber I'd need for the project. I purchased:

4 8' 2x4 @ $2.05/ea
6 8' 2x6 @ $3.15 /ea
6sq ft 1/4" masonite (8"x6') @ $0.59 /sq ft
1 4'x8'x3/4" MDF @ $32.95 /ea

All together with taxes it set me back $67.39.

This should be all the wood I need to buy for the press.
















Still to be purchased is aluminum (~$29), angle iron (~$16), fire hose (~$50), and Cordura bags (~$40).

No comments:

Post a Comment